·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems there are 3 choices of angel eyes for my B5:

FK version
Inpro
Cheaper Chinese Ebay version

The chinese ones look pretty sharp and so on, but are the rings dim? Does anyone have experience with the Inpro or chinese ones? I have FK AE's on my other B5 and they are fine, although a much yellowish light, and somewhat dim.

Please advise!

thx
Max

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the ebay cosmo dynamic ones and the Halo lights are very good. They are not dim at all, and add a luxury type of aspect to your car.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
Don't buy them from a place that you can't return them to.

Angel eye headlights on anything besides a BMW are kinda sketchy anyway. On BMWs, the halos actually serve a purpose. Nobody ever seems to think of wiring up their Passat angel eye halos to replace the daylamps, I dunno why.

·
Registered
351 Posts
well, i have mine wired in as the fog position, since the factory fog on a b5 is freakin pointless anyway. so that works quite well. and fyi, mine are depo lights. i heard bad things about depo, but mine are holding up fine, and installed just fine.

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
well, i have mine wired in as the fog position, since the factory fog on a b5 is freakin pointless anyway. so that works quite well. and fyi, mine are depo lights. i heard bad things about depo, but mine are holding up fine, and installed just fine.
Yeah, the factory fogs are worthless, but the Hella Micro DE bumper-mounted foglight kit is much better -- and if you have the halos wired in the foglight position, then you can't operate the foglights properly.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sinafl, I would be grateful if you would share pics of yours in action. thx

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yeah, the factory fogs are worthless, but the Hella Micro DE bumper-mounted foglight kit is much better -- and if you have the halos wired in the foglight position, then you can't operate the foglights properly.
true unless you get aftermarket fogs, which i would be doin if i ever get around to gettin fogs. so it didnt really concern me much.:thumbup:

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
true unless you get aftermarket fogs, which i would be doin if i ever get around to gettin fogs. so it didnt really concern me much.:thumbup:
That's what I was talking about. The Hella Micro DE kit for the B5 is aftermarket, but how are you supposed to operate them with the headlight switch if the foglight position on the switch is occupied by halos? Better to put the halos on the daylamp position.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts