Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's Murano is in the process of losing its CVT transmission so we've begun searching for a crossover/small SUV for her. First thing she says is "Ooo, I like the Saturn Vue!" I freaked, jumped around, and began listing reasons why she has no idea what to buy when I noticed her laughing at me. Then she shows me the Infinity FX 45 that she's chosen. She says, "Hey, 315 horse, 329 foot-pounds of torque wrapped in sexy!" ...and THAT'S why I married her!:driving:

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
:bowdown:

Reminds me of my wife. She drove just about all the mid size crossovers. In the end she goes I love the Mazda CX-5 looks and feel but I like the Murano's engine better. The Murano's interior was pretty crappy in her opinion (she's been in VWs too much) and I too was disappointed with the details inside it. Then I said to her, well they do make a CX-5 with the Mazdaspeed turbo engine.........an hour later the dealer found her the exact CX-5 she wanted a 2010 Grand Touring.

·
Registered
26,788 Posts
Best line my wife came up with was when we bought her new 05 Golf. When she stepped out after the drive home from the dealer, her 1st words were "Can you put sway bars on this?"

GTI suspension, F+R sways and she is quite happy with the way it handles.

·
My intake has Emphysema
7,712 Posts
Mine had a hard time justifying the cool $750 to chip the new GTI. The day after I brought it home from the dealer a couple weeks ago and she drove it to the store she said "my foot is on the floor, why aren't we going anywhere like the VR6 did?"
After I chipped it, I demonstrated the loss of traction in 2nd at a rolling 35 and she says, "now that's more like it! Can I drive?" She took it out on her own a couple days ago and when she got home she told me how much bigger it's cojones are now that it's chipped. This is the woman that actually made me nervous the other day while riding shotgun in her 4Runner when I had to comment on how soon I'd have to replace the tires after a "spirited" highway exit.

·
Registered
8,492 Posts
:thumbup:The best thing my wifey/boss, once told me after coming home from work, "Thank GOD for the Thor plate on my passat!!", I was like:icon_eek:!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts