Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good thing is that driver survived and made those photos. When they arrived, cops tought that someone moved corp.they didn't beleive he escaped. Pure luckyness, corner of container is on place of his head.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
steffenme1 said:
ryan8186 said:
Those things did awful in the crash test... ouch
How the hell are you supposed to crash test against that one?

Lets see... first we'll do the semi-truck into the drivers face test :crazy:

Lucky bastard
^^Exactly.

This wreck is an over-statement of the problem we have in the US with cars vs. trucks/SUV's. The bumpers on some of the trucks/SUV's are level with the window glass on a normal car. How is the car gonna protect you in a crash? Hint: it won't.

Once enough trucks/SUV's hit the road in the US, we achieved "critical mass" behavior where many safety-concious drivers purchaced a big truck/suv, despite the drawbacks in handling and economy, just to defend against the other trucks/suvs on the road. Now I'm frequently the only car on the road out of the 10 closest vehicles. Sigh.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
ha!

I was kidding about being totalled :roll:

I'll ask again: What's the roof made of? Is it plastic? In the first pic, the driver's side looks shredded, like fiberglass, or is that something else?

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Holicow said:
What's the roof made of? Is it plastic? In the first pic, the driver's side looks shredded, like fiberglass, or is that something else?
I'm guessing that's some of the headliner material poking through the tear, the roof looks like it's metal in all of the other distressed areas.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
All I get are these:

Worse than the red X

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.