I really had a question about a camshaft that's extremely hard to handcrank after redoing the chain tensioner. I didn't know if it'd be a good idea to post that question here or not, but it's happening. Here's the skinny:
- After getting the rebuilt head back from the machine shop ($450 to rebuild it) and re-installing, I noticed they put 17 chain things in between the cam marks instead of 16 (which kinda makes me wonder what else they screwed up in the head). Reluctantly, I took the cams/tensioner out, fixed the space, then reinstalled. The spacing looks to be right now, but it's not at Top Dead Center. When I try to turn it, I can only move it about 25º forwards on backwards before it stops.
- The plugs are out. There shouldn't be any compression
- The timing is not installed. But the crankshaft is at TDC just waiting for his buddy (camshaft to get his life together)
- With a 16mm socket on a breaker bar, I still can't turn that bastard. I'm probably going to destroy something if I keep on (if i haven't already)