Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, this past weekend wasn't a good one for me, car wise. I payed $200 to have a new downpipe installed Friday, as if I'm not short on cash enough as is...
So I get the car back, I'm all happy that it's nice and quiet once again. I go to a house party Friday night at my ex's lil bro's place, since he's basically a little brother to me. I made a point of parking further away from everyone else so nothing would happen. So I thought... Sunday morning, I'm walking towards my car and something doesn't look right. There's a big black scuff across the middle to right side of my bumper. Then I notice the grapefruit-sized dent in the trunklid, right next to the license plate. Thinking I was seeing this all due to my hangover, I rub my eyes... but it's still there. WTF! Some drunk fuck apparently ran into the back of my car, not really hard but it had to have been a Jeep or a truck of some sort, since it hit so high up. No one fessed up all night so it sucks to be me, my insurance deductible is super high and with my luck, they'd drop me for claiming this. ( I totalled my Acura back in Feb, not my fault but 'technically' it was...long story in itself). I managed to get most of the black paint off my bumper with some WD40 and elbow grease, but the paint/clearcoat is spiderwebbed and looks like shit. I also managed to take some of the dent out by removing the liner on the trunlid and pushing from inside... but it's still noticeable. Shit like this really really really pisses me off! :sad:

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Wow, it does sucks man, sorry, good luck with it all and keep us posted. Try some 3M rubbing compound to remove any other marks :thumbup: .

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
that's not cool :thumbdow:
Hopefully you can find a way to fix it.
I am still sporting my foot long scratch, that someone was kind enough to embed into my rear bumper, in a mall parking lot. :cry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts