Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today started like any other. Hectic. My car was in the shop after another missed deadline, and I'd pushed off appointments till today that should have been done yesterday, now my schedule was completely pooched. I know today is going to be nonstop, all day long. So what happens? I get an emergency call that a sales rep has to leave the country and I have to fill in at a client meeting. 70 miles away.

I know it won't end there, either. Wasting no time, I rush out the door in a frenzy, stopping briefly at Starbucks to refuel my sleep deprived carcass. As the caffiene slowly rouses my senses I franticly drive to the meeting. Soon it's done and I'm on to the next meeting, and the next and another after that until 3:30pm when my cell phone rings and breaks the panic of my day.

It's BoeserBlick. "Hey Jeff, we still picking up your car today?"

The weight of that sentance doesn't fully register for a couple beats, then it sinks in. My car is done today. "Hell yeah!" I replied, before I fly from the office like a cat with it's ass on fire.

I make record time, I-80 to the George Washington Bridge then hit the Cross Bronx to the Throgs Neck. No traffic at all, as if people knew I was on a mission.

4:30 and I pick up BoeserBlick. "Want to get a beverage?" he asks.

"No time." I reply, and I set my sights on the Long Island Expressway. Horrified, I look at the sea of brake lights stretching into the distance. Thousands of cars full of happy 4th of July vacationers off for a long weekend of beaches, fishing, and driving too damn slow!

6:10. We arrive at AutoFix and after some waiting, some talking, some negotiating, there it is. They roll out what has to be their best paint job to date. Gleaming in the sun, fresh from detail is the newest EEP dark horse. Paint so smooth a babies ass looks cratered. So shiny the sun is envious. Mirrors should be so perfect.

And it doesn't end there, as I gaze over the now perfect lines of the car I take in the details. The nip here, the tuck there. The pieces fit together as if designed to be that way from the factory. The way a custom part should fit. No unused vents. No gratuitous lines. No extraneous trim. Everything fits, everything works and it's not over the top or too understated.

It's perfect and better than I could have hoped for.

Pics soon.

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
Re: An homage to BoeserBlick...

jwil said:
Today started like any other. Hectic. My car was in the shop after another missed deadline, and I'd pushed off appointments till today that should have been done yesterday, now my schedule was completely pooched. I know today is going to be nonstop, all day long. So what happens? I get an emergency call that a sales rep has to leave the country and I have to fill in at a client meeting. 70 miles away.

I know it won't end there, either. Wasting no time, I rush out the door in a frenzy, stopping briefly at Starbucks to refuel my sleep deprived carcass. As the caffiene slowly rouses my senses I franticly drive to the meeting. Soon it's done and I'm on to the next meeting, and the next and another after that until 3:30pm when my cell phone rings and breaks the panic of my day.

It's BoeserBlick. "Hey Jeff, we still picking up your car today?"

The weight of that sentance doesn't fully register for a couple beats, then it sinks in. My car is done today. "Hell yeah!" I replied, before I fly from the office like a cat with it's ass on fire.

I make record time, I-80 to the George Washington Bridge then hit the Cross Bronx to the Throgs Neck. No traffic at all, as if people knew I was on a mission.

4:30 and I pick up BoeserBlick. "Want to get a beverage?" he asks.

"No time." I reply, and I set my sights on the Long Island Expressway. Horrified, I look at the sea of brake lights stretching into the distance. Thousands of cars full of happy 4th of July vacationers off for a long weekend of beaches, fishing, and driving too damn slow!

6:10. We arrive at AutoFix and after some waiting, some talking, some negotiating, there it is. They roll out what has to be their best paint job to date. Gleaming in the sun, fresh from detail is the newest EEP dark horse. Paint so smooth a babies ass looks cratered. So shiny the sun is envious. Mirrors should be so perfect.

And it doesn't end there, as I gaze over the now perfect lines of the car I take in the details. The nip here, the tuck there. The pieces fit together as if designed to be that way from the factory. The way a custom part should fit. No unused vents. No gratuitous lines. No extraneous trim. Everything fits, everything works and it's not over the top or too understated.

It's perfect and better than I could have hoped for.

Pics soon.
Well Jeff , do I get to see it this weekend or what? I didn't go to Michigan. :p

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok, I'm gonna post pics because I can't wait anymore. But, this is not the finished product. There are some other toys that need to be installed still, and I haven't switched off to my 19's or put any wax on. So I'll have better pics this weekend.

What was done:

Smoothed and color matched valences
Smoothed and color matched euro strips
Dietrich RS4 lower valence
OE RS4 lower mesh
PIAA high intensity driving lights
Color matched FK badgeless grill
Valve covers painted Ferrari Red
Intake manifold painted Dolphin Grey Pearl
Full body shell respray
Full wetsand and polish to remove orange peel

Keep in mind the car has NO WAX on it in thos pics!

I'm very pleased. Now to just get the other goodies installed. ;)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
jwil said:

I'm very pleased. Now to just get the other goodies installed. ;)
looks great fixed one of your pic so every body could see it.

Pete

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think I'm having hosting problems so I'm sorry if you guys can't see the pics.

Thanks for all the compliments. I know it's not a lot of wild mods or even alot of really noticeable things, but I've always liked a cleaner more understated look. 8)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.