Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Depends on how many channels you want, what you're using it for, and what price you consider decent. There is so much stuff out there.

-Mark

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2channel prive range ahh trying not to go over like 150, i know sounds cheap but i dont have much money right now and i have two 12in lighting audio's my buddy gave me for free...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just the DD HU is gone. For driving both the 12" yeah might be too weak...had to reread what you were doing. I had it moving an 8" and it was good but when I went to a 10" I got a RF 3001 and that is great. :thumbup:

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
clarkccc3 said:
just shop around... you could probably find a kenwood or pioneer (or sony, but that's just plain junk) in that price range...

chris :lol:

there is nothing wrong with Sony amps (or any of their gear for that matter). FYI, Sony class D amps actually exceed rated power at all loads. If youhave a Sony amp die on you, you REALLY have other problems. IME (all 15 years of it) Sony has actually had better reliability than ANY brand I've dealt with, and yes, that includes any brand you can think of. If you get a good price on a Sony go ahead and get it.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Not dissing your experience, but I'm not alone when I say that my Linear Power amp will walk all over a sony. Build quality, its leaps and bounds better. Power? my 2.2HV is conservatively rated at [email protected], and 2x12.5 @ 4ohms.

Plus, do your Sony's come with a 6 year warranty? Prolly not :wink:

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
I wasn't saying Sony was the best stuff in the world, but it's perfectly good product that's gotten a bad rap for no reason. I've owned LP stuff myself (992iQ and 652iQ) and I agree it's definitely a couple steps up from Sony, but that doesn't make Sony bad.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well... my dislike for sony actually stems from some of their other products, not necessarily their car audio... which is why if I had to, I'd much rather spend my money on something like kenwood...

chris :lol:

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Kenwood is sooooooo not a step up from Sony. :wink: If you want a step up in amps look at companies like LP, JL, Kicker, Alpine, Coustic, Rockford Fosgate, Orion, Viper, DEI, and MTX.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
quality_sound said:
Yeah, the new JBLs are pretty sweet. :lol:

Except............................................

JBL doesnt make them...

So technically, we are talking about the new Crown amps :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.