Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a Kicker KX250.2 pushing an single Audiobahn 10" in my car now. I wanted to upgrade and my wife hooked me up. She got me the speakers and I got the box. Unfortunately I have the same amp, and I dont think that it will be enough. Any suggestions on what size/brand Amp I should look into? Or is the one I have sufficient?
Paul, Jay, anyone??

Scott

I just picked up this box at my local AAFES for $80

I also got 2 of these for Christmas Kicker CVR 10"(buy one, get one free @ Circuit City)

Amp
» 85 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (125 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
» 250 watts RMS x 1 in bridged mode (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
» variable high-pass/low-pass crossover (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
» variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
You'd be surprised what a pair of CVRs will do off of a 250.2. The CVR is a VERY efficient sub. Give it a shot and see how it goes. But if you feel the need to upgrade the SX500.2 would be a good way to go.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Always quick to answer. I am going to hook it up tomorrow morning and see how it sounds. What do you know about that box? It can be sealed or ported. Which would you recommend? It was a good deal, so I thought, and it has pretty good reviews.

Scott

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
how much airspace is in the box? compare that with the specs in the manual. I'm going to take a stab and say the sealed box will be best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts