Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

Little question for all of you. I just installed a Alpine mono amp to power my sub in the enclosure on the driver side of my variant. The only issue is that I I have changed my doors speakers to Polk DB6500 in the front and DB650 in the rear. My JVC KD-ADV6270 is missing a little bit of power to power them.

So I'm looking for an amp with something like 35w RMP @ 4ohms X4 that would fit in the spare tire. Yes I do need my spare and I don't want to loose space in the Variant ( my wife would kill me for both ).

My spare tire is the standard 15inch steel wheel. So there you go. And please... no Pyramide and such.

Thanks!

·
Registered
618 Posts
x2 we explored that when installing mine, but if you pull the side carpet back, there's tons of space. you can also mount it to the back of the seats. or even under the back "hat shelf"...which is where I have 2 modules mounted.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You'll never get an amp in there but there is TONS of space behind each side panel.
Yeah.. I've seen a few shots. But I really don't want to uninstall the complete side and not be able to easily access the amp if there is a problem with them. And also don't want them in the way like on the seats or anything when are hauling stuff.. My wife will kill me ( yeah she's a police officer ;) )

Anyways,I'll keep looking.

Thanks

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Putting it behind the panel is not all that hard and why are you anticipating a problem? You could always mount them on the headliner. There's almost 3 inches between the headliner and roof. ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Putting it behind the panel is not all that hard and why are you anticipating a problem? You could always mount them on the headliner. There's almost 3 inches between the headliner and roof. ;)

Some very nasting memories that always tell me not to do it again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts