Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
15,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
American cars: Better than ever and pricier, too - May. 12, 2011

Today, domestic cars are selling closer to full sticker price, even after rebates and other incentives are factored in, than they were in 2006, according to Edmunds.com...Meanwhile, the major Japanese brands -- Honda, Nissan and Toyota -- are selling cars at prices farther from the sticker price, according to Edmunds.com...

Only Korean automaker Hyundai is sharing the domestic automakers' surge in pricing power...

· One more time, and I'm outta here
5,778 Posts
When I went to my Ford dealer, I found every 2010-08 car was dramaticaly better interior options than the newer cars, that were mostly stripped down low cost high MPG machines. However on the price side, I could have gotten a stripped down Ford Fusion 4 cyl FWD brand new for under $20K where I got a fully loaded 2010 V6 AWD MKZ for $22K with 27K miles that was origionally $42K.

· Registered
1,924 Posts
Could this be due to the insanely high MPG claims?

Up here in Canada, American automakers are claiming insanely 100km/litre ratings. Like a Chev Acadian doing 8.9l/100km? I can't remember other numbers but I do remember Ford giving some insane number for the F150 and I'm think, 'no freakin' way that's possible'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.