Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have trawled this forum for other owners and can find none.Perhaps I should have Bought a TDi there seems to be loads of owners of them (and they do more to the gallon :) ) .Trying to find another VR5 owner is a bit like.................... :bow: banging your head against the floor

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well I almost joined you... then in the end went 1.8T

I had a VR6 Passat before (actually it was a B4!) and they are rare too! During two years ownership I only saw one other example on the road and that was a saloon! (I had estate). Was very tempted to stick with the 'six or the 'five when I changed as they are smooooth.

Then I drove the 1.8T - it was smooth enough to me - the example I was driving had all the toys I wanted so in a mad moment of impulse decision making I parted with my cash!

Good luck in your search!

David 8) :thumbup: :b5:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Am I the only VR5 in Europe?

As you have probably already gathered your VR5 is not alone, but in my experience is most definately in a class of it's own. In July 2001 I went to a used car dealer after he had avertised a turbo with tiptronic only to arrive and find next to it a 1999 VR5 in Futura Yellow, Leather/Alcantara interior and fully loaded! 8) It was love at first sight :p .

Having driven the car for 2 years and 45k miles I still love the car. The colour is perfect, the engine note - V Nice :thumbup: and powerful enough to pass all the other dimwits on the road without too much of a sweat.

In Northern Ireland, where I live, I have only seen 2 others in the last 2 years, one when I was buying, in a VW dealer - same colour but all leather and wood - and another - silver estate - on the street near where I work.

Sometimes I too think that a TDi may have been a better choice, especially the 2.5 TDi, especially when trying to find upgrade parts but when it comes down to it, I really don't think I would change what I have, at least for another while yet!!

I would love to see other posts from other VR5 owners also, there seems to be so few, it would be interesting.

Dee :thumbup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hiya,

another post I'm resurrecting from the past, do I win a prize for trawling through all these old posts???

Anyway, I've just bought a V5 engined Passat ('99 V reg) with half leather, climate but no alloys. Is this a VR5?? If so, I have one and its lurvely.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Vr5

Hi, Just left a reply to my thead from some months ago but I've just seen this thread! I to have a VR5 in Colarado Red & I love it, its a 1999 V reg and only had 14k on the clock when I got it. I live near Scunthorpe, and like you, have not seen many VR5's round here. How do you find the car?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Saw a nice V reg one last month while in the Midlands on a course, was badged VR5.
Was in black, very dark window tint, but could still make out the leather. Could have done with larger alloys and a drop though.
Kept looking out for the owner so I could mention www.PassatWorld.com or ask if he was selling it soon!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.