Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My reverse lights wont come on, who knows the fuse location? this all started when i repaired a wire in my left door!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had speaker go out on me i check the wire bundle in the door and a few were chopped up pretty bad, i taped them up and the speakers was fine but now my reverse lights are out, any idea?

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
20vvillian said:
I had speaker go out on me i check the wire bundle in the door and a few were chopped up pretty bad, i taped them up and the speakers was fine but now my reverse lights are out, any idea?
You are absolutely, positively sure they quit working after this, OR you noticed it only afterward?

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
Well, first things first, check the bulbs. I don't care if you think they're good, you need to check them.

Done any "mods" on the tail lights at all? Both bulb holder brackets havegrounds on them. Need to be clean and tight.

With the bulb holder out, see if you get 12 volts at the back up light socket with the key on and in reverse. Also check at the fuse under the same conditions.

Not at the socket, then check the blue wire with the brown tracer for voltage in the right side, and blue with a red tracer for the left.

I bet you find something back there. Going further means getting dirty, but if we need to I can explain more tomorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.