Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed almost everyone blurs out their plates in the pics. Why? Is there a real reason or just paranoia? This coming from someone who shreads everything...but what is the thought behind this?
Thanks,
Michael

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Wellll.. I think if I was in the "city" and was showing off my ride and the neat mods I have done .. showing the plate to the "not so honest" with resources is just inviting them over to help themselves.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
i guess one reason is that you'd hate to have a super nice car whose plate easily gave info as to its location...and then have it stolen from you.

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
I've always wondered this myself. After thinking about it, everyone that I've driven my car past has had the opportunity to write that plate down. :weirdo:

I just doubt it's a problem or else with the current state of identity theft paranoia in the US, this would be a current issue. The DMV doesn't have that much info anyway.

·
0 Posts
i show mine ..in my scar face voice{" come and get me ju cockarochs, ju want war ok, ok meet my little friend"} for real tho! :lol:

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
rollininstyle2004 said:
20vvillian said:
i show mine ..in my scar face voice{" come and get me ju cockarochs, ju want war ok, ok meet my little friend"} for real tho! :lol:
:bow:
Yeah right we all know its your wife that wears the pants. :p :lol: :poke: :wink:

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Flippped said:
rollininstyle2004 said:
20vvillian said:
:bow:
Yeah right we all know its your wife that wears the pants. :p :lol: :poke: :wink:
Yeah, she wears the fancy pants... :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts