Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this at Harbor Freight for $79.95:

It's slightly smaller than the typical 3000lb. racing jacks but has the same lift capacity. It has a maximum height of 15-1/8" instead of 17-1/2", but has a minimum height of 3" instead of 3-1/2" (great for getting under our lowered cars).

After owning a 2-ton generic jack and using a full-size shop jack, this has got to be the ultimate compromise. It's small enough to throw in the trunk and big enough to lift your car without fear. Of course, it's only offered in Volkswagen blue!

Here's the site:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=91039

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
You can get silver, red, gold, and probably some other colors if you get the ones w/ RapidPump.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stealthx32 said:
You can get silver, red, gold, and probably some other colors if you get the ones w/ RapidPump.
Yeah, but not for $79.95

And besides, it's Volkswagen blue!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ttt

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess everyone knows about this deal, but just in case:

TTT

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Yeah, bump again. :p Never use that factory jack again!

·
Banned
373 Posts
julianfang said:
you won't believe how useful this came in at waterfest when I brought it. :thumbup:
Julian, I am laughing to myself thinking about the guy who was trying to swap on the 18x9's in the rear of his R32 with the OEM 'emergency' jack. His expression was one for the books as it started to 'list'. Fortunately with Gurft's quick thinking and your jack he was saved major embarassment and $$$.

Joe

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Paul: here's a pic of the jack on the car.

Handle can be broken down into 2 pieces, so its about the length of the jack.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Another pic:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.