Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
OK ... Let me summarise the emoticon responses that usually follow any Altezza post (coz some people are not capable of giving a constructive reply when the word Altezza is used)
1. :puke:
2. :thumbup:
3. :)

I like the black FK tailights on dark colored cars but dont like the chrome tailight look - I think chrome is better suited to accent a car feature rather than be the feature itself.
Here's a pic of my B5 with the black FK tailights...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do like those!

Kosmas said:
OK ... Let me summarise the emoticon responses that usually follow any Altezza post (coz some people are not capable of giving a constructive reply when the word Altezza is used)
1. :puke:
2. :thumbup:
3. :)

I like the black FK tailights on dark colored cars but dont like the chrome tailight look - I think chrome is better suited to accent a car feature rather than be the feature itself.
Here's a pic of my B5 with the black FK tailights...
Kosmas

I do like the black look. Where did you get those? I already have plenty of chrome on my car.

Wood

·
Registered
254 Posts
I can't stand the Altezza look. To me, it makes the car look like a transformer with all the chromed plastic. Something smoked with a lot of LEDs like Lincoln tail lights would be my ideal brake light housing...

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
you want my opinion? its your car so you can do what you think looks good, do it as you wish.....

no man...

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
Just cause im a soo tired of seeing a hundred freekin percent of this club hate on these poor threads. I think those black ones are decent. Put up some pics after you put them on your car, or just pm a pic to me that way fifty people won't hop the band wagon and tell you how horribly gay blah blah blah they are.

Nick

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
The clear plastic edges are what makes them look cheap in my opinion. Perfect solution would be to dark tint the area surrounding the actual lights. I think that would actually look pretty cool.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Re: I do like those!

woodster76 said:
Kosmas

I do like the black look. Where did you get those? I already have plenty of chrome on my car.

Wood
I got mine from EBay Germany <<here>>
(yes thats my car in the picture but I'm not associated with the seller)
but you can also get them from FKNorthAmerica <<here>>

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
To be quite honest, a lot of rice rockets out there put them on. So in a sense if they are put on a Passat, it kinda looses the elegant look of an European sports sedan. That is part of the reason I do not care for the tail lights of the B5.5, it has the round circles in them. But if you like them then don't let anyone stop ya. Have fun. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts