Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought and installed an Alpine CHA-S634 Mp3 compatible 6 disc changer in their 2000 or newer Passat?
It requires a Blitzsafe adapter, for around $60 - $70 and is suppose to plug into the factory ran wiring harness in the first aid box in the trunk.
I'm thinking about buying it, mainly because of the MP3 compatibilty, 6 disc of MP3's = about 60 hours of music. Comparable to a Phatbox, at only $319.00 shipped, including the adapter.
It is suppose to be compatible with the single din Monsoon, per LogJamElecronics.com
It sounds good to me, just curious if any of you have gone this route... :???: :???: :???:

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Blue A said:
Has anyone bought and installed an Alpine CHA-S634 Mp3 compatible 6 disc changer in their 2000 or newer Passat?
It requires a Blitzsafe adapter, for around $60 - $70 and is suppose to plug into the factory ran wiring harness in the first aid box in the trunk.
I'm thinking about buying it, mainly because of the MP3 compatibilty, 6 disc of MP3's = about 60 hours of music. Comparable to a Phatbox, at only $319.00 shipped, including the adapter.
It is suppose to be compatible with the single din Monsoon, per LogJamElecronics.com
It sounds good to me, just curious if any of you have gone this route... :???: :???: :???:
I had a standard 6 disk Alpine (no MP3) and the blitzsafe did not work properly on my 2000 Golf with Monsoon, but worked OK with the 2002 Jetta and 2002 Passat both with Monsoon. Blitzsafe was not any help. It seems as though it is hit or miss, as evidenced by some other threads with the same issues.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have the Alpine S634 and I think it works pretty good. I have the PIE adapter though.

2 glitches:

1. When playing the changer and in "MIX" mode it works fine. But if you turn the car off then back on the player will still be in mix mode but it won't say mix on the head unit. (I have a monsoon headunit 2003) Consequently it will continue to play fine but you can't change tracks without hitting the mix button.

2. You have to scroll thru the tracks slowly. No spinning the dial from 1 to 15. You have to go 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.... etc.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts