Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble understanding the install of my HU, a 9807 (details here: http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225325) but I think if i could get pictures of a 9807 or 9805 already installed that would help, ESPECIALLY shots of the HU without the faceplate on, and at an angle showing the sides of the trim (or where the trim would be if you didn't use it) would even be better!

here's the idea, i want to see if this area is "normal looking":

that's where the manual indicates i'm supposed to do something to lock the HU in place so it doesn't accidently pop out when the boost kicks in, only on my stuff there is nothing there...

thanks,

a.s.

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,883 Posts
the h/u should have come with a sleeve that goes into the DIN hole in the dash. that has tabs on it that hold the sleeve in place, and then the h/u locks into it.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i still don't know what they are called or where i can buy just the pins, but i won on ebay, now i gotta sell what's left or i paid $70 just for these things!

thanks!

a.s.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
yep, those are the pieces you needed and if Pacific Coast Parts didn't have them, and it sounds like they didn't you did indeed pay $70 for them. Did I suggest hitting up a local Alpine dealer? They usually have them left over from installs in ISO mount cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts