Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Like the guys from Top Gear say you aren't really a motor head until you have owned an Alfa... I have owned two but they were given to me so I don't think that counts. I will take the 159 please and make it RED!

·
what the heck is an echo of gecko anyways...
1,960 Posts
Like the guys from Top Gear say you aren't really a motor head until you have owned an Alfa... I have owned two but they were given to me so I don't think that counts. I will take the 159 please and make it RED!
Ugh, I don't get it. They seem to sweat this thing for some reason, I think it's ugly. :puke:

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
Only Alfas I've driven were the 164s and the Spyder. The Spyder was junk, but that 164 was sweet and fun to drive. Tons and tons of weird ergonomic issues, but it was nice anyway and way more entertaining than your usualy 4 door car.

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,784 Posts
Beautiful cars.

Sadly they spend more time in the garage than on the road.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,696 Posts
AFAIK the only Alfa scheduled to make it ot the US under Maserati is the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Pffft - big deal. How many Maserati dealers are there in the US? Like, 15?

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
i swore this was confirmed months ago. why do you say may? I don't think that with the limited dealership network they will work with here that it would be to their benefit to push anything other than high price vehicles. They're not going to make volume with the masses from Fix It Again Tony pretenses. Rather they're making the right move in trying to draw in keeping-up-with-the-Joneses buyers who don't have Ferrari money nor find their way onto a Lamborghini wait list will like the cache that comes with owning an Italian car.

·
Registered
518 Posts
it is confirmed for 2009 -- the US will get the Brera, Brera Spider and the 159 sedan & sportwagon

inital sales will begin through maseratti dealerships untill a more permanent network is built in other areas throughout the country :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
i could only dream we'd get the gt...

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,696 Posts
it is confirmed for 2009 -- the US will get the Brera, Brera Spider and the 159 sedan & sportwagon

inital sales will begin through maseratti dealerships untill a more permanent network is built in other areas throughout the country :thumbup:
Where? I'll believe it when I see one. Maybe then I can trade in my 1982 Spider.;)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Where? I'll believe it when I see one. Maybe then I can trade in my 1982 Spider.;)
they havent annonced the major locations yet, but you can expect it'll be the major cities first, NYC, LA, seattle, miami, etc

they are hoping to sell at least 20,000 cars the first year.

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
X2

1 - 19 of 19 Posts