Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from the Grand Prix of Americas. The ALMS event was excellent! I got to see one of the Porsches wipe out near the amphitheater. The rest was uneventful (to the best of my knowledge). And my GOODNESS are those cars loud! Instantaneous ear ringing. Got some shaky video at that area where the 911 stepped out and around turn 8. Great fun!

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Re: ALMS! woo hoo! (The Blue Blur)

The reason I don't like the ALMS is because they have so many different classes of cars stacked against each other, and everyone just gets in each other's way. Nascar offers some good matchups, but driving circles is boooorrrriiiinnngggg. F1 is great (ignoring the Ferarris) because they are the pinnacle of automotive technology and since they're all similar is speed, and offers some excellent matchups.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: ALMS! woo hoo! (stealthx32)

I actually like the whole multiclass thing and consider it a celebration of motorsport because it interacts on those levels. I'll eventually go to see some F1 in Montreal, but the proximity of this event to where I am was such a great opportunity. And I finally got to see the legendary R8s in action!!! This really made my year.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: ALMS! woo hoo! (The Blue Blur)

No one is interested in ALMS?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts