Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

About a month ago my radio reception began to fail. Now I get NO am reception (I listen to a lot of news programs) and fm is wildly sporadic. Nothing is leaking, nothing got hit, I haven't gone into the dash for anything, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CB

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,902 Posts
http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126184 probably contains your solution. Your antenna base pre-amplifier is probably dead. enfig.com is the source for a replacement. I replaced mine, and its lasted approximately 5 years or so - go by the date of my post in the thread above.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool deal bro, thanx for the input & have a great 4th. "May the wings of liberty never loose a feather." Jack Burton

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,902 Posts
just remember to power it. you'll have to drop the headliner, remove the old base, put the new one in, run the wiring to the back of the head unit, give it switched power, and connect the bnc to the back of the radio. all in all, about an hour job. make sure you have the keys to pull the stock head unit - I think you can order those from enfig.com as well.

cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts