Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a set of 18x8.5" et35 Flik Artics from Edge Racing last week. They were scheduled to be delivered yesterday and they showed up on-time. After work I drove down to my parents' house (where I had them shipped) to take off these damned Blizzaks (on steelies!) and put some REAL rims and tires on.

When I walked into the garage I was pleasantly surprised by how well each wheel was packaged. Each wheel had it's own Edge Racing box with double plastic box strapping. Once opened, the wheel was sandwiched between a cardboard disk on the back and a foam pad and cardboard disc on the front. Again, two plastic band straps to hold it all together.

Needless to say I was impressed by the shipping quality.

Next up was to brake the lugs on the stock steelies and jack the car. I found out (this is a new car to me, just bought it) that the Passat on KW V2's was too low for my floor jack and had to use the scissor jack that came with the car. No biggie.

I jacked it up in front and was only a little suprised to see that I can jack the entire side with one jack because of how stiff the car is and the O-Bar rear sway.

Old rims off, new rims on. It looked beautiful! I'm pretty sure I'll have to roll the front fenders... the wheel almost looked like it stuck out past a bit, but the tire seemed to clear.

Now the bad part. I torque the lugs on the passenger side and jack up the drivers side. I grab a wheel and can't seem to get the lug bolt started.. To my horror, I find that they shipped one of my wheels drilled to 5x100mm instead of 5x112mm!! :mad: :thumbdow:

I didn't want to look like RacerX Rice Boy High-Schooler Honduh Wannabee, so I opted not to just run the new rims in the back with stock up front until the replacement arrived... so I had to go put all the stock rims and tires back.

It was a nice waste of time.

Let's see how good EdgeRacing's customer service is. I'm going to try to get them to RUSH ship the replacement... and they'll have to send a shipper up to get the incorrect wheel. Maybe they'll just send me 3 more of the same and I'll put them on my GLI? :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a serious buzz killer.

Edge claims their business hours are 9am-9pm EST. I've been calling since 9am and nobody is answering. I've sent an email and left a voicemail in some random mailbox since the main box doesn't work.

This is starting to get REALLY frustrating. :mad:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally got through. They're sending me the correct rim right now... but would only send it by the same shipping method as before... so another 3 business days after it ships.

They're sending UPS to come and get the incorrect wheel on Monday.

I get to wait another week. :sad:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm running on the stock 15" steelies with Blizzaks right now... and it's KILLING me that I'm not running the Artics right now...

SpecialK... that's the reason I went with the Artics and not the Wasps... 7.5" is a bit too narrow for my liking on a 3100lb car with 240hp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
VaRiX
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing