0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
honda nas concept

The 2004 Kawasaki ZX-10R

yamaha mt-01

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
ugh....sport bikes.... :p hehe, j/k. I actually wouldn't mind one as a second bike, but I definitely require a bike that's comfortable to go on long trips alone or two-up. 30-45 minutes of sitting on that 1-inch pad of a seat might get to you sooner or later... :wink: I'm not sure , but I think Corbin makes aftermarket saddles for sport bikes (I'm sure Mac can chime in here), definitely might want to look into that...;)

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
sentraSR20 said:
ugh....sport bikes.... :p hehe, j/k. I actually wouldn't mind one as a second bike, but I definitely require a bike that's comfortable to go on long trips alone or two-up. 30-45 minutes of sitting on that 1-inch pad of a seat might get to you sooner or later... :wink: I'm not sure , but I think Corbin makes aftermarket saddles for sport bikes (I'm sure Mac can chime in here), definitely might want to look into that...;)
I was just gonna say that, then I saw that you already did. A Corbin seat makes long trips so much better, it's worth the money IMO.
When I go out for rides like I will today I'll usually be out for 2-3 hours, and I will be fine. I did get a little stiff after a 7 hour round trip thru PA a few weeks ago, tho.

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
Some of those seats aren't as bad as they look.. some of them are worse. More significant for a bike like that would probably be a set of higher placed clip-ons. That ZX-10R does look sweet.. but so does the new ZX-6R :)

And the insurance is much more palettable. The new R1/R6 are also lookin' good.

Although I'm still a sucker for aprilia..

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I'm still waiting to see a real pic of the new R1, all I've seen are concept drawings. It's got the can under the rear seat which is something that I LOVE, I hope it comes out like that, altho the RR lovers will start bashing it.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Man, that Honda looks like it's ready to go into warp drive. Reminds me of something out of anime...

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
:shock: :shock: ooooooooh those are nice :D

Yeah the ZX-6 looks nice but it's too small for me. i have to stay up with the ZX-7 on up. That ZX-10 is HOTT. Hmmmm......i may need to give up on my ZX-7 and go with that 10 :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
Too small for you? What does that mean? The dimensions on the 6R are practically identical to the 7, and it makes more horsepower, and weighs 90lbs less, and costs $800 less :p No wonder they sell so few 7Rs. I suspect the 10R figures will be very similar to the 6R, except for weight and horsepower.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Am i one of the few guys that like the V-ROD?
(Just saving the money.. and pray i pass my test for M1 licenses)

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
I like motorcycles because of the fun in riding them, so no the overweight, poorly suspended, slow steering geometry v-rod does little for me. Aesthetically it doesn't look properly proportional.

I do find some irony in the fact that the company with the most replicated motorcycle designs is now replicating a design from a Japanese company - the Yamaha VMAX. And what do you know, they're only asking $7k more for it :p

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Zuhaib said:
Am i one of the few guys that like the V-ROD?
(Just saving the money.. and pray i pass my test for M1 licenses)
Yep....... :p

IMO there isn't a better looking bike then this....

..probably never will be.Every time I see it Im in shock for some reason. :shock:

If I was going to get a HD type of a bike I would get a custom design (by me of course) chopper or BOSS HOSS, those are F(*#$ mean!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Zuhaib - I think I'm the only cruiser guy on this board :wink: I like the V-Rod, only because it's more Buell than Harley. Hell, it's the only factory water-cooled Harley available now! :roll:. However, I don't think that looks alone are worth the around $18-$20k price of admission. Save AT LEAST $10,000 and get a Honda VTX1800. More power, bigger, just as stylish and of course, it's a Honda :lol:. Besides, you'll beat a few sport bikes to 60 with it, too :wink:.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Macabre said:
Too small for you? What does that mean? The dimensions on the 6R are practically identical to the 7, and it makes more horsepower, and weighs 90lbs less, and costs $800 less :p No wonder they sell so few 7Rs. I suspect the 10R figures will be very similar to the 6R, except for weight and horsepower.
Oh yeah.....theres a huge difference in size. i'd get on the 6R and it looks like i'm riding a kid's bike and then i'd get on the 7R and i look alright on it. the 7R fits me right. believe me....i would have gotten the 6R but it just felt so small when i was on it. it would look hella funny with me sitting on that thing. i like the 7R because the body is wider and bigger. i'm a pretty big guy. i'm 6'1" and 230lbs. so me being this size doesn't look right on a 6. :weirdo:

Nowadays....their making like the R1 and GSXR1000 on 600 frames. that sucks man :(

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
Only sucks for American sized individuals like us (I'm 6'2)... it is necessary to make the bikes lighter and quicker handling though.

FWIW the 7R is only .8" wider than the new 6R, and .8" taller.. I know a lot of the way a bike feels has nothing to do with it's actual dimensions though.. You want a bike that feels big, check out the TL1000R :nervous:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeh i used to ride TL1000R that big twin is a real nut roaster, i had to get of that bike if i was not riding it stayed hot! :lol:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts