Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up.... I searched this to death before posting and couldn't find anything. Basically what I have going on is I have a 2015 Passat 1.8 TSi Wolfsberg....about 7 months ago I my air was not coming out of the vents...i cannot confirm if it was coming out of the defrost vents, but I know it wasn't coming out of the dash vents. I rolled the windows down and it started working correctly....odd. Fast forward a few months and all hell breaks lose.....First my dash vents stopped working period. The air will only blow out of the defrost. Checked the controls and wires and everything looks good. Took it to my VW dealer who said it is probably an actuator motor. Told me it would cost about $500-$600 as they would have to remove the dash. I didn't have the money at the time so I just sucked it up and dealt with it until I get the money. About 3 weeks later I noticed the A/C was weak, then my car started over heating even though there was coolant, about 2 weeks later I was sitting in my car in a parking lot with it running...i heard a slight hissing sound then steam started pouting out from my hood. Quickly shut the car off and popped the hood....there was water everywhere but I could not see what was leaking if anything. Had it towed to my house to be safe. Took the plastic protector off the bottom of the car and noticed a clear oil puddle on it. Everything from the fan to the entire passenger side of the engine was wet. Ran the car with my father under the car and he said he could not see anything leaking at all....to this day nothing is leaking. The car steamed only once more after that. But no overheating. I bought a VAGCOM and it said there is a short circuit in the blend door? Its all in german so I had to translate it. But in messing around with it I screwed something else up where my A/C button doesn't light up anymore...now there's an error code about not having an inflow run in?

Bottom line as of right now I have, no A/C, air only through the defrost vents, ac clutch is always engaged and spinning, no visible leaks, an A/C button that kicks off the circulate but doesn't illuminate. Any ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts