Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I set mine with the headlight adjuster between 0 and 1, and parked on level ground about 75 feet from a large wall at nighttime.
Using an allen key I adjusted the level (one at a time with the other headlight covered)
such that the horizontal bar section was about 6" from ground level. I also had to adjust the left-right anyway, so that the point between the horrizontal and the slanted sections ofthe light beam were about 2-3 feet to the left of straight ahead. - Note I drive on the left, so flip directions if you drive on the right.

I had the adjuster at that level as I had a full fuel load and some crap in the back, so it worked out that at empty it was bang on.

Fully laden with 4 kayaks, 4 people and a weekends kayaking and camping equipment it looks correct with the adjustment on 2.5.

I do a lot of night time driving, and correct adjustment for me is illuminating the road ahead on a level road to 2x my braking distance, without illuminating other drivers coming against me.

Next time I am out at night with a camera after the summer, i'll take a pic to demonstrate.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Haines manuals have the adjustment specs in them also. I saw them the other day.

When I did mine it was 10' from a wall, but I can't recall the height of the beam and such. A search should help, it's been covered a few times.

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.