Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I might be a bit young compared to the rest of you guys on these forums, but I've got a 2001 1.8 Passat, Manual, Colorado Red, and stock as hell. I got lucky with the deal, about $9k for an '01 with 24k miles at the time of purchase. I'm looking to get into modding it, but first I have to figure out if it's a b5 or b5.5 ;P

And just for your future reference, I'm really bad at cars in general, but I'm looking to learn more.

Further note: The first thing I want to do to my car is get it repainted black, as well as some tint on the windows, the colorado red just doesn't fit me :(

·
Registered
969 Posts
Welcome and hope to see you at the GTG's. I think you have a B5 because of the low price you paid, you got a GREAT deal!
Just to clarify, some of the 2001 Passat's are B5.5's. VW made the change mid year in 2001 to B5.5's.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
rollininstyle2004 said:
A "good quality" full respray of the car is alot of money, youd be better off selling that car and just searching for a black one :crazy:
I say stick with the Colorado Red, its unique :thumbup:
Yeah, It could cost about as much as the car for a GOOD respray.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I'm back, I've been kept busy by work. For all of you that are familiar with the Colorado red, I'm looking on replacing the taillights and headlights with something that has a little more spice. Also, I'm looking into replacing the body kit with something that looks a bit better than stock. Any of you know someone that does this type of work (Well and for respectable prices) in the Houston area? Preferably SW Houston?

One more question, what's the difference between b5.5 and b5, I want to find out :p

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Click on my website to see a b5.5. As for tails just get them tinted. There aren't really any good options for our cars. Get some HID's and clear corners for the headlights. I can't help much with body kits because I don't know much about the options for the b5.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.