Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Um, my airbag light is on :p Took my car to a mechanic, he says their are no codes in the comp. to be reset. He told me to try checkinig the fuzes. Said their could even be a couple of them. Anybody know where? Iv got a '98 1.8t.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
So is that to say he scanned it with a vag-com or OBDII? :???:
I think by definition, there IS a code when the light comes on.
Mine comes on a lot in the bitter cold (below 0°), it throws an "intermittent low voltage" fault. Easy to clear. Where are you located? There might be a member around with a VAG-COM who could help you out. :thumbup:

·
Registered
139 Posts
The light in my '98 has been on for a few months, too. I thought from reading another post that it might have been the battery being weak, but after I replaced the battery, the light is still on (Along with my ABS/Brake light, and some mornings, my temp. light). I haven't gotten it checked out yet, waiting for the next time I go to the dealer. My dash is a real light show!!!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
When my airbag light was on in my '99, there were no codes thrown. However, when the dealer hooked up the VAGCOM, he couldn't "communicate" with the air bag control module. Ended up being a dead module that my dealer somehow got VW to pay for even though it was long out of warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts