Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a question about airbag lights. When I bought my 01 Passat, the front seats were completely destroyed. So I bought ones from a b5.5 model that were also power. (Mine were manual with heat). Anyway, I've put the new seats in and had to do some wiring to get the power seats to work (wired into the cigarette lighter for power). The airbag light went on. I know it does this when you put new seats in, but when I ran a vag-com for it, we couldn't figure out how to get it to reset. We tried the vag-com and also a generic scanner and both were to no avail. It was saying code diagnostics were that it wasn't getting enough current, or that the current didn't match up. Anyone know how to fix this? I called my local VW Dealer and they said it would be $100 just to scan the car, not including actually fixing whatever is wrong. If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, another problem that I'm having is that the roof headliner has come down in the back. It is currently being held up by pins. I tried using some spray adhesive to fix it, but it didn't work because it's the foam not the glue. I talked to the dealer about how much this would cost to fix as well and just for labor is $450. I knew it would be expensive, but not that expensive. Anyone have ideas or know where I can go to fix it for cheaper?

Thank you.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Look for upholstery shops instead of car dealerships for the headliner.

Can't help you with the airbag light, mine has been on forever so maybe someone will help us both out.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Post exact codes?

BTW, not a good idea to run the power to the seats via the cigarette lighter circuit. IIRC, that's also part of the circuit for the interior lighting in the center console, etc. You're better off running it to one of the 30a posts beneath the relays with its own dedicated inline fuse.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts