Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

My driver side window regulator wire was off the wheels and when I tried to fix it, accidentally unplugged the airbag sensor plug, and now the airbag light is on from the dashboard.
What could be the best way to fix it? 1. Bring it to the dealer or any maintenance shop? 2. Possible to turn it off if I try to unplug and plug it again?

Many Thanks.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hello Guys,

My driver side window regulator wire was off the wheels and when I tried to fix it, accidentally unplugged the airbag sensor plug, and now the airbag light is on from the dashboard.
What could be the best way to fix it? 1. Bring it to the dealer or any maintenance shop? 2. Possible to turn it off if I try to unplug and plug it again?

Many Thanks.
Use VCDS the latest version of the software. I just erased my airbag code that had been on for almost a year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use VCDS the latest version of the software. I just erased my airbag code that had been on for almost a year.
Hi,

Does the free version can do the job? and an OBD2 KKL VAG-COM 409.1 is also required as well?

thanks.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi,

Does the free version can do the job? and an OBD2 KKL VAG-COM 409.1 is also required as well?

thanks.
I don't think so, I had tried before with other software updates to no avail but the latest version of the software with the HEX+CAN dongle from Ross-tech did the trick. The software functionality for the 409.1 dongle is very limited as it is a freeware so no.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts