Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am coming here to see if I can get some help with my 2012 Passat. My car would not start 2 times after I got off work. One morning it turned on the next morning it wouldn’t start again. Went a got a new battery every was fine the next day it drove for about 15 miles then the radio turned off. Then the brake light, abs light and airbag light turned on and the car beeped then turned off. It would not turn on. I bought a alternator had a shop put it in. For one full day it drove fine. The next day I turned my car on to warm it up when I got in again the same thing happened. Went back and was told well maybe you got a bad alternator so went back and traded it for another one. Going back and forth and putting over 1000 dollars into parts, battery, alternator, and labor decided to take it to the Volkswagen dealership. They come back and said it’s a bad alternator. I told them it was a new alternator I had just put in 2 days ago. They told me t was an after market alternator and they don’t have as much voltage then the ones from the dealership. Is this true. I was quite 3500 dollars to repair at the dealership.plus they said my vacuum hose has a leak. I don’t want to pay all this money and then take not it. Would a after market battery cause it not to work. Has anyone experienced this. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Sorry, just saw this. They are blowing smoke about the alternator. No problem with aftermarket batteries either.

When it wouldn’t start originally, was there no cranking at all when you turned the key?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts