Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have passat b5 1997 1.8t and the problem is that when i start the ignition air starts blowing on full power and i cannot turn it off, all climatronic function seems to work fine i just cannot regulate the power of blower
i try:
auto test climatronic functions from climatronic menu. all vents was working fine
also i try to fully disconnect climatronic from dashboard, but air was still blowing.
i scanned for errors and i get error: 318 and 4F9.
only one thing that turned of air is when i pulled of the fuse from the fuse box.
my climatronic is digital(not with knobs)
i try to find what those errors is for and i do not find the answer for this kind of behaviour. maybe someone can help me with this problem or had the same problem?
thanks

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The Climatronic fan speed controller plugs right on to the fan motor. The Climatronic head unit just sends a low power signal to indicate the desired fan speed.

It sounds like your fan speed controller has failed. I believe it can be replaced separately, i.e. without replacing the motor. I think you can see/access it from below; worst case, remove the glove box. This wasn't a common failure, so a junkyard should be a good source for the part. The manual A/C controls (non-Climatronic) used a different motor without the fan speed controller, so you'll have to find a Climatronic car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Climatronic fan speed controller plugs right on to the fan motor. The Climatronic head unit just sends a low power signal to indicate the desired fan speed.

It sounds like your fan speed controller has failed. I believe it can be replaced separately, i.e. without replacing the motor. I think you can see/access it from below; worst case, remove the glove box. This wasn't a common failure, so a junkyard should be a good source for the part. The manual A/C controls (non-Climatronic) used a different motor without the fan speed controller, so you'll have to find a Climatronic car.
thanks for reply
i changed whole fan motor behind glove box and it works fine for me, i searched for used one and it costs 30eu

1 - 3 of 3 Posts