Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think mine is on the fritz. I have a stewart warner A/F meter and it reads in the stoich area like it should. When I turn on the back light the lights come on from just before stoich all the way to the max for lean. I called stewart warner and the told me to take it back to where I got it (NOPI), I did, they replaced I installed it and it still doing the same thing. I had a friend take a pic of what I'm talking about. Hopefully I'll get them downloaded and posted by tomorrow. If you have any sugestions between now and then please let me know.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does what have it's own sensor the gauge? It only has three wires power, ground and signal. The signal wire is the one I have running to the O2 sensor on the wiring harness close to the fire wall in the engine bay.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
He means is the gauge hooked up to its own sensor, or is it hooked up to the stock O2 sensor. It sounds like you hooked it up to the stock O2. What year is your car? Is it a B5, or B5.5? B5's have narrow band sensors, and b5.5's have wide band's, and most air/fuel gauges are designed to run off narrow band 02's. If its a wide band, that could be why its reading wrong.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 99 b5 how would I be able to tell if it's a narrow or wide band sensor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.