Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me a part # for this rubber grommet .. my AEB didn't have one on the Air Intake box when I bought it and every used one I can find on ebay is missing it as well. I am in the process of trying to put everything back to stock on the motor this spring so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
That plug does not have a part number because it is a part of the wiring harness. There is no way, short of cutting it or the wires, to remove it. If you want it, you'll have to cut it off another car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link ... will have it in a few days. Not sure if this effects performance in any way but I figured a large hole in the air box was probably not a good thing .. lol.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks for the link ... will have it in a few days. Not sure if this effects performance in any way but I figured a large hole in the air box was probably not a good thing .. lol.
Air coming in through the opening would still be metered, so you wouldn't get any codes. However, unfiltered air will go through, and that is certianly not a good thing.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Since this thread is just begging to be hijacked....does anyone have a link to one of those terminal remover tools they like? I keep using wires, picks whatever I can find and I know there has to be a better way. TIA!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a Steelman 23 piece set, off eBay. I do a lot of electrical work, not just on VW's and Audi's, so it's very useful. For VW you would only need three of four of those tools, the rest may not get used much. I've seen tools specifically advertised for VW's, but I haven't tried anything other than the Steelman set.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts