Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many here feel that Politicians should be handing back their campaign contributions (that wasn't wasted) / lobbying money / any contributions back to American taxpayer???

How about cutting down the House of Reps in half?

No raises....

We can no longer afford our government and the shitty job they have been/are doing.

:wrench:

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
A post that I can almost agree with.

Based on the last poll I saw, only about a third approved of the job Congress is doing (and I think even those numbers are suspect). That means only 2 in 5 Congressman are doing an acceptable job. Shouldn't those numbers be more like 4 of 5?!

...and Congress just received a pay raise for the 5th year in a row!

http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?parm1=1&docID=news-000003077891

Everyone should be on the phone giving their elected officials an earfull.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everyone should be on the phone giving their elected officials an earfull.
That's all we can do? Pretty pathetic.

"Hi Sir, just wanted to call you and tell you how fucked up you are doing and you don't deserve a raise"

"Ok, sure, bye"

I'm looking for some REAL answers here JRAD. Seriously other then not vote and "calling" what can American public do about this???

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
That's all we can do? Pretty pathetic.

"Hi Sir, just wanted to call you and tell you how fucked up you are doing and you don't deserve a raise"

"Ok, sure, bye"

I'm looking for some REAL answers here JRAD. Seriously other then not vote and "calling" what can American public do about this???
It's a start. I suppose you can run down to their office with a torch and pitchfork as well but you probably won't find that approach terribly effective either.

You can blame yourself for putting them there.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a start. I suppose you can run down to their office with a torch and pitchfork as well but you probably won't find that approach terribly effective either.

You can blame yourself for putting them there.
Blame is irrelevant and it's a combination of people vs 1 individual.

So the answer is "you can't do SHIT"

How long before American people get fed up (although I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet) and start a revolution.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Blame is irrelevant and it's a combination of people vs 1 individual.

So the answer is "you can't do SHIT"

How long before American people get fed up (although I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet) and start a revolution.
It's not irrelevant. Are you going to vote status quo again next time around and just bitch some more afterward or are you really going to vote for change? That is a very relevant question.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I like this concept, I also thin that there is a basic conflict of interest in companies receiving federal bailouts making political contributions to the same politicians responsible for those bailouts. Companies receiving bailout money should be barred from making political contributions for 5 years after the last federal bailout or 1 year after they pay the bailout back.

BTW, I used to be the guy answering the phones J-RAD is telling you to call, and some members pay attention, others do not. If you choose to contact them, you will get the most impact from writing a letter or email, and if that email is something you actually wrote. If you cut and paste a "send this to your congressman now!" letter or sign an online petition, the best you will get is your participation in a pie-chart of issues the the member will probably throw away after (or even before) they read it.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's not irrelevant. Are you going to vote status quo again next time around and just bitch some more afterward or are you really going to vote for change? That is a very relevant question.
Not really, how can a voter make an educated decision when they are lied to consistently???

As for my vote, I don't think it will go that way again.

I like this concept, I also thin that there is a basic conflict of interest in companies receiving federal bailouts making political contributions to the same politicians responsible for those bailouts. Companies receiving bailout money should be barred from making political contributions for 5 years after the last federal bailout or 1 year after they pay the bailout back.

BTW, I used to be the guy answering the phones J-RAD is telling you to call, and some members pay attention, others do not. If you choose to contact them, you will get the most impact from writing a letter or email, and if that email is something you actually wrote. If you cut and paste a "send this to your congressman now!" letter or sign an online petition, the best you will get is your participation in a pie-chart of issues the the member will probably throw away after (or even before) they read it.
Great, so you basically confirmed what I was saying.

:)

·
0 Posts
I think they should have checked the ingredients before they drank it. These guy are only guilty of doing what they have always done. They can give it back all day it's too bad they are not giving it to us. We need a real solution not just side show entertainment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts