Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.comcast.net/News/DOMESTIC//XML/1152_Cabinet/5abcfb16-0e8f-460c-aa9d-78ed28cd88d5.html

WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld almost immediately urged President Bush to consider bombing Iraq after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks on New York and Washington, says a former senior administration counterterrorism aide.
"Rumsfeld was saying we needed to bomb Iraq," Clarke said. "We all said, 'But no, no, al-Qaida is in Afghanistan."

Clarke, who is expected to testify Tuesday before a federal panel reviewing the attacks, said Rumsfeld complained in the meeting that "there aren't any good targets in Afghanistan and there are lots of good targets in Iraq."
"I think they wanted to believe that there was a connection" between Iraq and the al-Qaida attacks in the United States, Clarke said in an interview segment that CBS broadcast Friday evening. "There's just no connection. There's absolutely no evidence that Iraq was supporting al-Qaida."
"Frankly, I find it outrageous that the president is running for re-election on the grounds that he's done such great things about terrorism," Clarke told CBS. "He ignored it. He ignored terrorism for months, when maybe we could have done something."

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
Rumsfeld has wanted to complete the conquest of Iraq since long before then. That he maintained or re-asserted that desire in September 2001 isn't really news!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Johnny B5.5 said:
Rummy was bored and wanted to see if the bunker busters really worked. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like something a hardcore war-nut would do.....kinda like me.......

"Dude, let's test the new MFP-M20 in Pakistan, maybe they'll do something all foolie-coolie"

:lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts