Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up my W-8 Passat last week,

I work at a VW dub dealer and was looking at buying a new Passat 4 mo. But just couldnt bring my self to do it without a manual. Then I took in this baby on trade for a 07 T-reg.

Woooosh, really love it

Deep Black, 6 speed manual, grey leather enterior, 26k miles. O lord and I paid 15,500 for it, 500 more than I took it in for. I love this ride. It is pristinly clean.

I am going to get some Helios rims or maybe the Thunder bunny rims.

Has anybody found any dope taillights for this car?

How about recommending some chips I have basically found just two out there so far that people seem to use.

Exahaust?

What about a good place for body kits?

We took it up in the mountains with my buddies 20th and a new gti, this car was actually able to out handle them. I was really really empressed. Eventhough it cant really grip with the R32.

I highly recommend to all people that think about getting one to do so. Just make sure you have a warrenty. The things are ungodly pricey to fix.

peace
kentrollone

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Welcome, fellow W8 owner!
I didn't get as good a deal as you, but I ain't "in the business".
For the manual, you might be limited to Wetterauer for a chip.
I've got Tip, and went with GIAC.
The W8 rules.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
:cry: I want a W8 :cry: Oh well, I love my 1.8T too :(

Welcome to the club!

IMO, the W8 tails are the best looking ones with the little chrome strip, tint them and they'd be perfect. If you do end up getting something else for them, I'd be glad to take your stock ones off your hands.

$15k for a W8... damn.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Yeah - notice he works at the VW dealer (they gave 15,000 on a trade-in).
He paid 500 over that.
They would have sold it to YOU for at least 24,000...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome to the club... I'd love to be driving mine, but it's in the shop, again... I'm starting to regret my purchase. Anyone else have problems with their fuel sensor?

15k on a trade in for that car is crazy (unless it was rough)... that 07 TReg owner got taken for a ride :p

6sp. sport package, low mileage... should be at least 17-18 (depending on what model yr it is)

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
That's a VW dealer for you: you would think they'd respect brand loyalty, especially on higher end vehicles.
Case in point for my W8:
VW dealer had CPO'd 2003 W8, 31,500 miles asking 24,000. Offered trade-in on my 2003 GLX 4Motion of 14,000.
Infiniti dealer had 2003 W8, 34,400 miles asking 22,000. Offered trade-in on my car of 18,000 and took another 750 off of the extended warranty.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Nice. We need pics!

Do you have the 16" or 17" wheels? The 17s (Madras) are in pretty high demand so think of us if/when you get new wheels. Those gold Thunder Bunny wheels would be SICK on a black W8! Definitely unique.

:bowdown:

You'll have to go custom on the exhaust. Do a search there are a couple examples.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
He has a 6speed so he has the sports package, which means 17".
I always liked the 18" BBS VZ's myself especially on Black.
One of the nicest W8's I saw was at GuntherVW in Coconut Creek FL.
2003 MT6, Black on Black, 18" BBS VZ's, full Votex kit (front/sides/rear/diffuser/spoiler).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First to you Nay sayers, he got a great deal on a v-10. The man did not get taken at all.

I really dig this car.

I am looking for some parts for it though.

Manly smoked tail lights, and smoked bumper lights.

Does any body have a good place to find these?

Does anybody happen to know how many manual varients there are out there?
I am already looking for one.

thanks

k-trollone

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
I didn't say he got taken - I just said that you would never have sold someone else that car for 15,500. And the fact remains that a VW dealer offered 14,000 trade on my V6 4Motion; Infiniti offered 17,000 - ended up offering 18,000 on the same car (and took an additional 1,000 off the W8).
See Tom Parish's W8 Registry link above - he gives some production numbers for Variants/ W8s with MT6.
RAH isn't doing GB's on stuff anymore - try eurocullen.com for smoked bumper markers (Front & Rear w/ appropriate colored LED bulbs - I have fronts on my W8).
We love our W8s, and I'm sorry you feeled ridiculed - it was not intended as a personal attack.
Stewart
p.s if you are still looking into chips: giacusa.com, Wettrerauer.com, and Speedchip are chip makers
Tom shows: 56 2003 MT6 Variants sold in US, 42 2004 MT6 Variants sold in US

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a new W8 ower as of last week and I'm wondering some of the same things only I have a silver 2003. Besides chips, what would you guys recomend for performance mods?

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Welcome to you as well, VW8!
A chip is it - other than going into suspension (K&W springs w/ Bilstein buffers).
Some have done custom exhaust, usually utilizing MagnaFlow mufflers.
Remus make rear mufflers that mate to the stock exhaust.
Wetterauer chip is 749.00 steveseuropeanautomotive.com (Detroit MI)
GIAC is 695.00, but you can also get "stock" setting for +50.00, and "race" for 100+ octane (+100.00) giacusa.com (distributers everywhere)
PowerChip lists for 299.00 speedtuningusa.com (MD/DC area)
Stewart

1 - 20 of 24 Posts