Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the story.
Last night I notice that my passat is taking the littleist bumps really hard so I pull over to find my rear driver side tire to be flat( It was holding some air) It is 2:00 am and I am on a very dark road, so I pull over as far as I can to give myself some room to work. After pulling the flat off I start carring it to the back so I can get the spare, and some idiot comes driving right at me (I have my hazards on as well as I am in the emergancy lane) So I dropped the wheel to get out of the way. Needless to say the rim had hit the ground and became all scratched up. Now I have some silver rims and I remember a post on curb rash repair without removing the tire. Can anyone help me.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Buy a set of three emergency triangles. Put them a good distance behind your car when you stop. (IIRC they are supposed to go 100, 200 and 400 ft bethind your car) While completely oblivious morons still won't spot you, it will help the merely not-paying-sufficient-attention morons.

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,316 Posts
Shoulda thrown a flare at his windshield. It'd be his fault for not observing a broken down motorist. I hate people who a) can't drive and b) don't respect the law of physics on the road (ie: Colorado'ans who can't drive in snow, thinking you can drive fast in hurricane downpours just because you have an SUV, etc)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Notice what time this happened, 2:00 AM the guy who almost hit OPPJonez may have had a :beer: or :drink: . Make sure all of you keep this in mind as you make your way home late at night. Watch out for fellow motorists that may not be as responsible as you. Once you hear one story of a pedestrian being hit by a drunk driver, it's one too many times. :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts