Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 passat 1.8 with the monsoon system. i've been looking to install a pioneer deh 3300 HU, 2x12's and an amp. I've called around and heard many different techniques and was wondering what really needs to be done.

I've heard that you can still run the monsoon amp with a hi/mid filter on it and run your subs and i've also heard that the monsoon amp needs to be bipased and aftermarket HU will probably end up blowing the factory component speakers. now i'm kind of hesitant to do the install because i don't know if any of these places know what they're doing. what is the best way for the install to be done with the monsoon system?

and if anyone knows a good installer in the Orlando, FL area please let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
As far as the HU it is the same wehter it is monsoon or not. The monsoon mp takes high-level inputs. The HU install is no different. With an aftermarket HU the sub and amp install should not be any different than any other car. If you are looking at doing it all at once it should be no problem. The install would be a little different if you are adding the amp and subs to the stock radio. Don't let any ionstaller tell you different or try to charge you for something that you don't need. I am sure that Paul :bow: :bow: (quality_sound) will chime in on this one. He knows his s**t.

Thad. :D

Just noticed that this was your first post - Welcome to the club

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

thanks for the welcome.

i talked to a bunch of places today and they've been saying all kinds of crap about having to pull the monsoon amp out and put in more crap and i started getting confused because i've done installs before just never on a monsoon system. i finally found a place that told me they'd do it with the monsoon amp still installed and just put a hi/mid filter on it i believe so i guess i'll go with them.

thanks again for the info. i'll definitely be keeping an eye on the forums because there's a lot of info on here.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Re: thanks

KilledByBoredum said:
thanks for the welcome.

i talked to a bunch of places today and they've been saying all kinds of crap about having to pull the monsoon amp out and put in more crap and i started getting confused because i've done installs before just never on a monsoon system. i finally found a place that told me they'd do it with the monsoon amp still installed and just put a hi/mid filter on it i believe so i guess i'll go with them.

thanks again for the info. i'll definitely be keeping an eye on the forums because there's a lot of info on here.
You DO NOT need a high/mid filter when replacing the HU. It honestly is plug and play. I didn't believe it at first, but I did my own install and it did not require a filter at all. If anyone tells you differently theya re full of S**T. You may only need a filter ONLY if you hook up an aftermarket amp to the STOCK HU for the subs. Since you are using an aftermarket HU you DO NOT need a filter of any type. Sorry for all the bold, but I just want to help a fellow B5er out. I went through the same problem when I put my stuff in. I got the runaround from best buy and circuit city, but ClubB5 came through for me. The only ones that had the right information were right here. (Thanks Paul :bow: ) You are in good hands here. Who better to advise you on B5s than a bunch of people who own them. Good luck with it.

Thad. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.