Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for performance but not so much sound. Jetex is what I am leaning towards, however I would also like to add a Hi-flow cat. I have been reading alot, but I would like to know what you TIP drivers are running.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I have the TT system. Mainly because they are the only ones that make a DP for the tip trans. Plus I like the deep tone of the TT system. Jetex is just slightly deeper than stock, they make great exhaust's. I'm not sure if Jetex makes a full cat-back or turbo back exhaust for our cars, I thought it was just a generic muffler you can buy, like Remus.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Yes - cat is short for catalytic convertor.
I believe the "cat" is integral with the downpipe from the turbo.
The cat-back will be cheaper, obviously.
Labor on the downpipe is probably brutal, especially with the Tip.
I'm sure 1.8T Tip owners will chime in.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
i used to have the neuspeed cat-back, which included dp. it was 60mm (2.36") system.

i later switched to the jetex system. the jetex system does not include a dp. but i ended up keeping my neuspeed dp and mated the 2. i then threw on a tt hfc, and get the intermittent CEL despite the O2 sensor mod.

but as limey suggested, tip trannies have option of neuspeed and tt as they're the only 2 systems that come with dp. if not, u can try jetex or greddy.

btw, jetex was meant for b5, not b5.5 so i think on the b5.5, fitment maybe an issue, ie might have to weld an adapter to extend the length of the piping.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am also looking for an exhaust for my 2000 1.8T tip. Does the down pipe eliminate the catalytic converter or is it built in to it? And do these full systems have the O2 sensor mounting point?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts