Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed aftermarket coils (they are unsealed - no water proofing). Was wondering if the gap can cause issues when driving in rain, by collecting in the sparkplug/coil holes? See pic.

Is there a way to seal the gap something after market?

Also, will these coils pop out without being screwed in while driving?
signal-2021-05-22-181534.jpg

·
Registered
1999 Volkswagen Passat 1.8T, Black Sedan & 2000 Volkswagen Passat 1.8t, Silver Wagon
8 Posts
034Motorsport has this kit to hold down the newer style coils. Never tried them myself as the shipping from the states is too much.

·
Registered
28,240 Posts
There is a plate made to cover the holes and allow the coils to hold better. I did not use the bolt on hold downs as the coils never moved with the plate in place. Ignore the leaves/nest being built by a rodent.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
034Motorsport has this kit to hold down the newer style coils. Never tried them myself as the shipping from the states is too much.
That does look neat.

But not sure I can justify expense at the moment. I will run the coils as is for now. I might DIY a bracket to hold the coils in place if I get any misfires.

But even this system does not appear to fully seal against water, but likely does seal against dirt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts