Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search for "wiper" and got 3 pages of posts. I read through most and just want to confirm what I read as some of the posts were quite old.

I was happy with the original rubber inserts that came on the car. They were quiet with a full sweep. Eventually they wore out and I replaced them with ANCO refills (following the write-up in the Info Base). I was never happy with the ANCOs. The rubber seems to be too hard to be effective at cold temps and they wore out quickly.

It seems that the Bosch AeroTwin refills @ $15.pr. from Dubstop.com seems to be a favored choice. Is this still the case?

I see PIAA has a silicone and graphite wiper refills. Can anyone comment if those are better, worse, the same as any other choices I have?

Thanks!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took the aero wipers off my car and pried the rubber out of them, so now I can use them with whatever refill I want.
As far as I knew, this was always the case. My question is WHAT REFILLS are considered (or still considered) to be the best?

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
ive used the PIAA silicone blades for about 2years...pretty cool in the rain...and they work pretty good.

one negative is when there is high ambient humidity and LOW temperatures. when you just start the car, the window exterior will be hazy. most noticable at night, and annoying.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one negative is when there is high ambient humidity and LOW temperatures. when you just start the car, the window exterior will be hazy. most noticable at night, and annoying.
Does this condition go away with the defroster turned on, or is it always there no matter what you do?

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Does this condition go away with the defroster turned on, or is it always there no matter what you do?
it tends to go away with the defroster heat on and when the car is moving well. if you've ever used rain-x, it has the same effect in these conditions.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I bought a pair of silicone blades from Wal-Mart after reading a thread in here somewhere that I could take them out and put them into my aero holsters, but they didn't work.

Is there a direct plug and play set of silicone blades I can use? The OEM blades are craptastic.

Edit: Tripledge were what I had originally purchased: http://www.tripledge.com/ -- they didn't work.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I bought a pair of silicone blades from Wal-Mart after reading a thread in here somewhere that I could take them out and put them into my aero holsters, but they didn't work.

Is there a direct plug and play set of silicone blades I can use? The OEM blades are craptastic.

Edit: Tripledge were what I had originally purchased: http://www.tripledge.com/ -- they didn't work.
I was able to retrofit normal piaa silicone blades into my oem holders with a little effort.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts