Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys recommend any site that offers decent Aero Blade Wiper Refills for B5.5 Passat (my year is 2003)? It's kind a difficult to get original Bosch Refills...

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,881 Posts
doesn't Rus at dubstops.com offer them as well?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Bosch don't do refills, you have to replace the whole blade, or get any third party rubber that fits a normal metal blade. It's the same stuff.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've installe an aero twin blade also in the back glass. You can use the same part number of GolfV or new Passat.

In Italy I've pay: 14euros for arm and shell and 10euros for blade

Reagrds

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Check Napa.com for the "exact fit" replacements. They are traditonal style and IMAO way better than the aero. Plus once you replace them, refills are at any Napa shop.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Yeah, he's not offering them no more, I guess...
STF - has Rus (Trooper93) told you this or is this an assumption? I sent him $15 for a pair back in Dec. There have been multiple posts to his Marketplace thread, I sent him a PM and emails to both addresses that appear on his Paypal account..........all without a reponse from him. Next step will be a phone call by the end of today. He also has the aspherical blue tinted mirrors but his discount coupon doesn't work.

I'm willing to be patient, but only if I get information which has not been forthcoming.

Trooper93 - if you are reading this, you have a good number of people who would like an update, especially those who have already given you money.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is an assumption because he does not respond at all... I was asking him for these refills for like 3 months already so it's clear for me I will not get anything from him.

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
STF - has Rus (Trooper93) told you this or is this an assumption? I sent him $15 for a pair back in Dec. There have been multiple posts to his Marketplace thread, I sent him a PM and emails to both addresses that appear on his Paypal account..........all without a reponse from him. Next step will be a phone call by the end of today. He also has the aspherical blue tinted mirrors but his discount coupon doesn't work.

I'm willing to be patient, but only if I get information which has not been forthcoming.

Trooper93 - if you are reading this, you have a good number of people who would like an update, especially those who have already given you money.
I'm amazed that you're having this much trouble. I got an email from DubStop directly that stated they'd had issues with the wiper refills and would no longer hold my money. They cancelled the order and I got a refund.

·
Registered
559 Posts
In my limited searching, these are the options I have come up with:

1. ECSTuning (~$28/pair for entire Aero wiper)
  2. StopShopandDrive.com (~$21/pair of Aero refills, ~$41/pair for entire Aero wiper)

These are the 2 best options I have found. Rus (Troopster93) has a post up in the Marketplace forum for these, but he has been MIA for over a week now. For the money, ECS Tuning seems to have the better deal.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My local VW dealer (Neftin in Thousand Oaks, CA) has the the whole wipers for $14 and some change. Replaced both of mine with immediate gratification last week for about $30. I was pleasantly surprised that that they brought the price down on those damned things.

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
My local VW dealer (Neftin in Thousand Oaks, CA) has the the whole wipers for $14 and some change. Replaced both of mine with immediate gratification last week for about $30. I was pleasantly surprised that that they brought the price down on those damned things.
Got a callback from my local dealer -

The blades cannot be refilled, the entire arm (not the wiper arm down to the pivot point, just the shell that holds the blade) must be replaced. They are $20-something each.

F-that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts