Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how many and where the vacuum lines are on an AEB engine? I've replaced the long one from the front of the manifold to the DV and the short one from the manifold to the fuel pressure regulator, but I'm thinking there has to be more than 2.

Thanks,
-Chris

·
Registered
531 Posts
That is the same thing I am wondering Only 2???

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
There is one at the back of the engine - a short one to the Fuel Pressure Regulator. There is one that is hard to spot that appears to have special ends on it. If you look down between the intake runners with a flash light, and keep looking around, you will finally spot it. That's the one I haven't changed yet!

·
Registered
531 Posts
How tough is the one to the DV? Any access or plastic nipple problems in getting into install new hose on DV?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ganseng,

Is it braided like the other 2 because if it is, I sure don't see it anywhere. How long is it and where does it plug into?

Spooner,

It is not tough at all to change the vacuum line to the DV. Put the car up on ramps and remove the belly pan, you will have full access to the DV. The only trick was getting the hose clamp onto the DV (I'm using the TT with the recessed nipple) So I ended up using a tiny box-end wrench to tighten it (the screw head was hex shaped so you could use either a screwdriver or a wrench to tighten.) I got the hose clamps and hose from ECS.

Laters,
-Chris

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I only changed two lines that were the small diameter braided hose; they are the ones mentioned above; I don't know if there are any more made of that type of tubing.

Another common one to fail is a larger diameter rubber line that is located near the back, bottom of the intake manifold. It has formed bends in it and connects to another line w/check valve near the coolant reservoir. It is shown nicely in the first of these threads...

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=80502

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=77928&start=60

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I'm assuming that requires a different kind of vacuum hose as opposed to the 3.5mm stuff that most places sell?

I'll have to check and see if those other hoses are ok too.

Thanks guys,
-Chris

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
How's it going? This picture shows the one I was referring to:
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299186
Look under the manifold where is says D. It comes up vertically out of the block and has special connectors. I haven't tried to change it.

Goo I went and looked today. The L shaped vacuum hose near the upper right corner of A is being worn thru by a hose clamp under it. Good timing to catch it before it went thru!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.