Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
313 Posts
What brand of plugs did you use? For some reason these engines are very demanding of using only the NGK plugs.

Also, any pictures of the installation you would care to share? I seem to remember reading a few years ago on this forum about a guy who was actually working on running a 1.8T backwards so he could install it in a van.

· Registered
313 Posts
That's cool, thanks! I'm more familiar with the AUG motors, so my advice may not be the best.

Did you try a different ICM? I seem to remember seeing that they have a tendency to fail randomly. In fact, there are people here who have changed the AEB to run on the newer ignition system to eliminate the ICM.

· Registered
313 Posts
Sorry, I missed that part of the post. I'm with Electron Man in checking your coil harness. I agree that it's strange it ran well for the day and a half but then suddenly developed and issue. That seems like almost 20 year old electrical gremlins.

Did you do a new oil pump when you did the seals in the motor?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.