Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 v6 4mo with 60k miles on her. I am going to replace all the control arms and tie rod ends with the ECS heavy duty kit. while i'm doing that, i am adding H&R sport springs and koni yellows. i drive mostly on the interstates here in ohio. my current setup is stock suspension with 16" wheels.

here is what i need help with: opinions of 17" vs 18" as far as ride quality. handling will be vastly improved with the other mods, so the performance difference between them is not of great concern. as a point of reference, i used to drive a bmw 328i with factory sport suspension on 17" wheels - i loved that setup!

also - if you convince me to get 17" instead of 18", i need help locating the wheels. i want the mesh-look (hp evo, flik wasp, etc.), but i am having a hard time finding them in 17" with the 5x112 bolt pattern. can someone point me in the right direction and/or suggest a few other rims that have this look.

thanks!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Their service simply sucks. They take your money the instant you place the order but you're lucky if you get the right thing shipped to you a week later then what they told you. :thumbdow:

Also, if you have a problem with the delivery or wondering when you'll get what you paid for, good luck trying to get someone to talk to you. You'll need to dial and pretend like you want to buy something in order to get someone to help you. :thumbdow:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.