Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hellos to all, I'm new here and this is my first post. Although I don't own a B5.5 yet, I will be buying my dad's 2002 1.8T in 4 months, pictured below. I'm thinking the first mod I'd like to do is the grill. Which looks the best, in your opinion?

My B5.5 to-be:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You mean the Kamei Sport grill like this one with the thick frame, or one of their Universal mesh sheets?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn, that sport grill is like $250 USD unpainted. Why do I have to have such expensive taste?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Warped said:
Dude you need to know where to shop! $250 WTF
Here $175 the cheapest you will find
https://www.evolutionsports.com/productDetail.cfm?catID=77&ProductID=262
Actually, yeah I found that $175 website shortly after posting $250. Thanks for lookin out though! My car is Blue Anthracite. Do you think it will look a LOT better if I painted that Kamei sport grill's frame to match, or will it look just fine as black? I can't seem to find any photos of a Blue Anthracite B5.5 with Kamei sports grill.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Why does everyone change their grill???

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Warped said:
That car is not Black. And yes paint it to match just like that one.
I was talking about julianfang's ride. If that's not black, I don't know what is.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you guys paint the frame of the grill yourselves, or do you have a shop do it? If you do it yourself, do you buy an OEM can of VW spray paint? How much does it cost to have it painted professionally vs. DIY, or do we not dare try to paint it ourselves?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also, what parts are the valances (spelling)? Are they like the "shopping cart bumpers"? He he, sorry I'm not a car anatomist.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I think the Kamei grill IS your best grill for that year and definately have it professionally painted, it's really the best way to get a quality paint job. :thumbup: By the way... welcome to the club :beer:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
17 Participants
Nenad
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing