Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was trying to adjust my headlight and i turned the adjustment screw to far and i think the light fixture fell off of the mounting, i read in a post that its a pain to get fixed.

anyone, please let me know the easiest way to fix this, im almost in tears.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Its really hard to adjust a B5.5 assembly off its mounting. Remember to pull your car back about 25 feet and point the headlights at a wall. Then you will see how a full turn does a lot.

If it did break, all I can say is good luck! There is NO WAY to open a B5.5 headlight. However, you can sorta access it from behind using the access panel to the high beam. These headlight assemblys are really really shitty!

If you do need to get a new one, keep an eye on ebay. Installation is very simple too. Yes, you do have to remove the front bumper, but its not nearly as hard as one would think. I, having never done it before, replaced an entire headlight assembly, quicker then it usually takes to just replace the highbeam bulb on the passenger side.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone for your input, im almost certain the assembly fell off of its mounting, because when i was adjusting it, it suddeny fell downwards and now it wont adjust either way up or down,
so now i must be sad and deal with it for a while, :cry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
OakHillVariant
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing