Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is a thing, but..

I'm in need of a new windshield after mine cracked a while back (I don't want to specify how far back so as to avoid the grief I'm sure to get), and I have become aware of the optional Rain Sensor located in the windshield.

I'm curious as to how much work it would take to add this functionality to my Passat. I can only assume that a VAG-COM is necessary to activate it, but I'm wondering what other equipment (and how much effort) would be needed to make this happen.

~(Honestly not so interested in the Auto Wipers as I am in the Auto Windows Up!)~

Thanks in advance!

-NDA-Z

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have them on my other car and they are okay....it works well and is only occasionally intrusive. You do have to run wiring...though it may already be present under the roof panel....

I would just replace the windshield as stock . I think the rain sensor has to be bonded to the windshield?

JP

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JP-

I believe the price difference for a windshield with a sensor is about $40. I don't mind dropping that and maybe a little more to enable the functionality, but if it's a $200+ task, it's not worth it to me.
I'm more or less wondering if it's possible and if so how newb-friendly it is.

-NDA-Z

1 - 3 of 3 Posts