Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
15th April, 2004

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
1st April, 2004

Stock Form: 27th Juli, 2003

Vorrat Optionen
  • 1.8L turbocharged, 4-cylinder, 20 valve motor
  • 5 speed overdrive manual transmission
  • Leather package
  • CD Changer
  • Monsoon sound system
  • Electronic stabilization program
  • Homelink with sun visor extension
Motor
  • Dynoed Stock @ 159.1 Horsepower & 178.0 lb.-ft. of Torque @ the wheels
  • ECU Upgraded with GIAC Software - not re-dyno'd yet
  • Audi TT-225 diverter valve
Aufhängung
  • Neuspeed Sport Springs
  • Neuspeed Bilstein Adjustable Shocks - fronts set one "notch" down from neutral
  • H&R 15mm rear wheel spacers
Räder
  • 18x8" ASA AR1, ET 35mm
  • VW vinyl sticker centercaps
  • Black lug nut caps
Reifen
  • 235/40-WR18 Continental ContiExtremeContact
  • VW valve stem caps
Außerhalb
  • Votex front spoiler
  • Votex side skirts
  • Votex rear apron & diffuser
  • 20% tint
  • Enfig Motorsports PerfectFit S2000 antenna
  • VW New Beetle "turbo" badge
Innere
  • VW Monster Mats
  • Custom chrome interior trim
Beleuchtung
  • Sylvania Silverstar headlights & foglights
  • European Specification headlight switch

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
l5gcw0b said:
It is looking great Adam :thumbup:
Thanks buddy! It was riding in your :b5: that made me start the modding craze. Looking forward to seeing you at the VW show in Lawrence this May! 8)

·
Registered
217 Posts
best Black Passat I've seen yet... :thumbup: :b5:

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Looking DAMN good! :thumbup: How do you like those ASA rims? I've been looking at those but hadn't seen them on another passat till now. They look hot on your car.
While I'm asking, how do you like your suspension set up? I have the Neuspeed Sport springs as well and I'm trying to decide on the shocks to add to them. You say your Neuspeed Bilstiens are set at one notch down on the front, what about the back, are they set at the neutral/factory setting?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SeattleReign said:
Looking DAMN good! :thumbup: How do you like those ASA rims? I've been looking at those but hadn't seen them on another passat till now. They look hot on your car.
While I'm asking, how do you like your suspension set up? I have the Neuspeed Sport springs as well and I'm trying to decide on the shocks to add to them. You say your Neuspeed Bilstiens are set at one notch down on the front, what about the back, are they set at the neutral/factory setting?
I like the ASAs a lot! Sometimes I wish they had a brighter silver finish to them, but you have to get BBS for that kind of effect.

Suspension is wonderful - not harsh at all; just stiff - like it should be. The Passat's rear suspension is set up in a way that the spring does not fit over the shock, so you cannot adjust the rear height the same way you can on the front. It is truly a great suspension setup and I highly recommend it!

Thanks for the compliments!

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
That's cool how you kept the "raked forward" look! Nice and shiny, besides those front spoiler, skirts, and rear valance are hotness...
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Yep... it's a wicked car. Nice work man.

Hope mine looks that nice some day.

I was comparing the pictures of when it was stock vs. now, and the wheels make it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ASA AR 1 VW centercaps

Hi,

I love your B5! I'm going to be ordering the 17" versions of the ASA AR 1's like yours and I had a centercap question. Did you get official VW centercaps that fit, or are they stickers?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: ASA AR 1 VW centercaps

Mutato said:
Hi,

I love your B5! I'm going to be ordering the 17" versions of the ASA AR 1's like yours and I had a centercap question. Did you get official VW centercaps that fit, or are they stickers?

Thanks!
They are custom stickers that a local sign shop made...simply a black circle the diameter of the centercap covered by a VW logo theyhad on file in dark gray metacllic. It looks great for $20, but if VW made the right size "real" centercaps I would have gotten those.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Another question...

Hi again. Are you using the stock lug bolts? And are the black lug nut caps to cover them stock VW stuff? I have them on my GTI.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Another question...

Mutato said:
Hi again. Are you using the stock lug bolts? And are the black lug nut caps to cover them stock VW stuff? I have them on my GTI.
I am using the lug bolts that the Tire Rack sent me. The stock ones do not fit with the ASA wheels. The lug bolt caps also came from the Tire Rack.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Passat 130 Spain said:
Passat piece! I have fallen in love with its car.:bow:
Wow, your only post is a compliment to my ride...I am blushing. :D

Thanks for all the nice words people!

·
Registered
109 Posts
wow, nicely done. Sporty and exteremely classy.

I was told in another to ask you for pics of 17's and 18's on your car to compare. Would you mind posting some.

thanks

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
About this Discussion
58 Replies
34 Participants
huragantzwo
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing