Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,871 Posts
The Thor plate is amazing, especially if you live in a rural area/snowy area, or have a lowered car. Mine has saved me on many occasions, all it takes is one time of not having to replace the oil pan to pay off your investment. Not to mention it actually comes off easier (IMO) than the OEM unit when you need to work on the car/do oil changes.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
The Thor plate is amazing, especially if you live in a rural area/snowy area, or have a lowered car. Mine has saved me on many occasions, all it takes is one time of not having to replace the oil pan to pay off your investment. Not to mention it actually comes off easier (IMO) than the OEM unit when you need to work on the car/do oil changes.
QFT! I had a Thor on my B5 and it saved my belly pan more than a few times, and specifically one huge hit that ended up puncturing my tranny pan and putting holes in both downpipes. I suggested to Thor they extend the pan to protect the tranny pan. Not sure if they did.

That said, I assume this if for the B5-5.5 Passats? Any love for the B6 (more out of curiousity).

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
updated the list...we're getting their guys!! :woo:

@pratt
not sure it they make a b6 belly pan but i'd ask them if they plan on designing one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Please add me to the list (but I'll appreciate some expert advice on fitment for W8 - seems like I'll need to use longer bolts with more washers, right?)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
updated the list guys...just 7 more to go! When the list is completed (hopefully within the next week or so) i should have enough weight to fish out a price from them. in the mean time, what's the max you guys would go for this GB? The best price i've seen for the skid plate was $174.30+shipping (post 56).

And just as a reminder, it's a really good chance we can get it cheaper since BorParts is ordering in bulk this time around.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.