Status
Not open for further replies.
441 - 457 of 457 Posts

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #441
6 Month Review

So it has been about six months now that the coilovers have been on the car. I have to say, much like getting the ECU reflashed by APR, I really wish I had switched out the OEM suspension for the ST's from the moment I drove off the lot. The car is so much more responsive during driving, and as a whole just seems to be a lot more composed during everyday and spirited driving. Ride quality is pretty phenomenal, they are a lot more comfortable than the OEM spring/shock setup, and certainly much more comfortable than aftermarket spring/shock setups I have tested in the past.

I even had the chance to take the car to a few track days, and the car still performed admirably for a street suspension. If I regularly went to the track/the car was a track car I would probably have sprung for a set of the more expensive KW V1's with their stiffer settings. The build quality of the coilovers is great as well. There is no sign of any chipped paint, rust, or other blemishes on the coilover bodies. Everything adjust quite easily with the provided coilover wrenches. All things considered, I am very happy with my purchase and I am more than pleased with the performance and comfort of the ST's. :thumbup:

·
You can call me Marlboro
408 Posts
wow talk about speedy delivery, ordered them last sunday night and they arrived today ! just over a week ! now I just have to wait a few months to have them installed .. so excited ! :thumbup:

·
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #448
wow talk about speedy delivery, ordered them last sunday night and they arrived today ! just over a week ! now I just have to wait a few months to have them installed .. so excited ! :thumbup:
:thumbup:

PM me if you run into any snags with installation.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Wow. I was going to ask if any Canadians had these so I could see the effects of rust and winter on them.. That scares me a bit.
I'll snap another couple of photos in April when I switch back to my summers for you if you want, we've had a pretty mild winter this year, so not nearly as much salt.

On average, I'd have to say that in recent years Calgary has been using as much salt as when I lived in Waterloo 20 years ago, but its this liquid spray stuff instead of the rock salt that I experienced out east, so it is way worse as soon as it gets on the road.

John

·
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #451
I can't believe its been almost two years since I started this thread, time flies! :icon_eek:

·
Registered
688 Posts
I'll snap another couple of photos in April when I switch back to my summers for you if you want, we've had a pretty mild winter this year, so not nearly as much salt.

On average, I'd have to say that in recent years Calgary has been using as much salt as when I lived in Waterloo 20 years ago, but its this liquid spray stuff instead of the rock salt that I experienced out east, so it is way worse as soon as it gets on the road.

John
As far as I know, Kitchener and Waterloo use the liquid car-eater salt as well. Up north where my parents live they use sand - it's dirtier but at least it doesn't rot your car out.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I can't believe its been almost two years since I started this thread, time flies! :icon_eek:
Yeah, thanks again for the group buy, still loving my coils.

As far as I know, Kitchener and Waterloo use the liquid car-eater salt as well. Up north where my parents live they use sand - it's dirtier but at least it doesn't rot your car out.
Yeah, that's the same stuff. Totally ineffective in the part of town where I live - we'll get a snow fall, they'll spray the stuff on the roads, then the next morning when I go to work at 6:30 in the morning, it'll just be a sheet of ice until 9ish when it finally melts, only to do the cycle all over again the next morning. One time a couple of years back I slid 3/4s of a city block downtown on the stuff for a red light, even with snow tires, thought for sure I was going to take out a bunch of pedestrians, and I wasn't going that fast. They'd be better off not spraying when it snows because it doesn't melt more than 1" of snow.

John

·
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #455
Just wanted to let everyone know, this GB is pretty much over now. You can still order ST coilover kits from the vendor, but the pricing has dropped lately so you will be able to get a better deal if you call in. Thanks to everyone that participated in the group buy, I hope you are all as satisfied with your purchase as I am. :salute:

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Just wanted to let everyone know, this GB is pretty much over now. You can still order ST coilover kits from the vendor, but the pricing has dropped lately so you will be able to get a better deal if you call in. Thanks to everyone that participated in the group buy, I hope you are all as satisfied with your purchase as I am. :salute:
How much have they dropped in price? :)

441 - 457 of 457 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.